Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Closing In

I'm in Youngsville, PA at the Public Library. The connection is funky so no pics, just the basics.

My Achilles has been bad, so I've only ridden about 20 miles in the past three days. Over the state borders. My mother and I are having a good time staying on the back roads that I would have ridden on my bike. It really stinks not being out there with my face in the wind, incapsulated in the style I started with. Everything for a reason right? I'm doing what I need to for my health...am I getting old now?

Details:

Riding from Freehold this Saturday (11/4).

To ride with me and friends: Meet at the Freehold Boro High School on Robertsville Rd. at 9am. I'll wait there until 9:15 or so. Should be about 25 miles to Manasquan...should be there by 12:00 or 1:00 in the afternoon.

To meet us at the beach: We'll end the ride at the Manasquan River inlet. Up on the beach, down to the water where the surfers hang out - next to the jetty. If you get there early, walk out to the jetty, it's a cool walk.

After dipping the tire, dumping the water and spreading ashes we're gonna party. Head down to Leggett's Sand Bar which is on the main road across from the arcades. Not sure how long we'll be there but I'd love to meet you all and answer questions/crack jokes/tell tall tales.

Saturday night I'm going up to Milltown (just outside of New Brunswick). My buddy Drew Umyn is having a get-together at his apartment - 260 Riva Avenue, Milltown.

Tuesday I'm heading up to NYC to meet up with friends. I'll be in the City around noon for lunch, then we'll go out after 5pm to hang out - I'll be downtown near City Hall.

I'll also be speaking to elementary school kids next week - Freehold Intermediate School. On Wednesday I'll go to a Boy Scout meeting - Troop 155, my troop from Freehold.

Again, if your school, church, club, etc. would like to speak with me, let me know.

I'll be flying back to Oregon on Friday, Nov, 10. I'll be back at work on Wednesday, Nov, 15.

If you have questions, send me a comment. The comments now go to my email account so only I can see them. Give me your contant info - phone, email, etc. - and I will get back to you.

See you all soon!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?