Monday, October 16, 2006

 

Andrew's Update

Hello All,

My name is Chris Schauffele, one on Andrews’s good friends. I spoke with him this morning and he asked me to post an update of his adventure.

Today (10-16-2006) he has arrived in Iowa, after riding through Nebraska at nearly warp speed! While in Nebraska he had achieved his biggest mileage day thus far, riding 104 miles in one day! He has peddled about 550 miles since leaving Fort Collins, CO.

Andrew told me that dampness and sogginess have been plaguing him on this leg of the trip. He left Fort Collins, CO in nearly freezing rain conditions, and since then has experienced bouts of light rain and fog. And when the sun does shine on him he sweats, while he rides. Then come night time, when he lays down to sleep, he sweats in his sleeping bag. It sounds like a never-ending cycle (bad pun).

All in all I think he is really enjoying himself. Discovering what he is really made of while enduring hardships on the road, and realizing through everyone’s comments, emails, and support the amount of awareness he has generated for his cause.

Ride on Andrew!

Comments:
Thanks Chris for the update!!!

Andrew, I stalk this blog several times a day to see what you're up to and where you are is. I hope that the weather gods smile down upon you for the rest of your trip!!
My little girls are singing a song for you,
"Rain, Rain, go away! Come again another day! Andrew needs to peddal away, Rain, Rain go away!"
We hope that helps chase away those pesky rain/snow/sleet/hail clouds that may be in your way!
Pedal on, my friend! Your a true inspiration!!
~Gabi
(Marci's daughter)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACY!!!! (Hope I spelled that right!!)
 
Bud was trying to send you a message but went all the way back to the beginning to write it! Bless him, he hasn't caught on to "blog"! It' a special message though, when you have a minute to scroll back in time! The wind is definitely at your back-many prayers with you daily!
 
Yippie, another posting - Thanks Chris for the news feed! Drew blew through Nebraska, another state down! I knew that you would fly through this relatively flat state. When I rode through South Dakota, it was a snap (423 miles in 3 days). Really awesome that you got a century in (100+ miles). You are half way across the country and in another time zone. Told you that all the tough pedaling in the mountains will condition you to blaze through the plains. By now you must have developed cannon size quads that will power you through anything. Now the excitement begins, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel since you are approaching the east coast. I pray for warm weather and tail winds to bring you to New Jersey quickly and safely. For some odd reason, your bike trip - Tour De Drew - is inspiring me to push harder during my road bike rides.
- Nick
 
So excellent to hear! Hope the weather is easy on you! We think of you often and send best wishes
Love, Marilyn & Don
 
Drewman! Your Amazing! Your body is feeling good spinning > next stop Iowa! Eat that state up! JoeF
 
Let me know when you have an ETA. Brendan and I would love to meet you on the beach!
Ills
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?