Monday, October 30, 2006

 

Abbreviated

Sorry for this, but there's been a change. My mother and I are driving toward NJ this morning. I'm changing the date of the Freehold/Manasquan ride with friends. Saturday, Nov. 4th.

I hope this doesn't conflict with other plans folks may have made.

A few thoughts:
The whole point of this trip was to ride a bicycle from coast to coast. I'm going to be in a car because of this injury, so there isn't much point in dragging out my journey to NJ. I'll ride my bike to the coast, but the in-between is moot.

I also miss Tracey incredibly. If I were to stay in NJ for another week we would fly past each other in the air, literally. She'll be out of town for an architecture conference and I want to see her before she heads out for that. Waiting until she gets back would put me home in mid-November.

And, I need to get life back. This fundraiser has siphoned me away from life for two months. I need to get back to work before I forget how to do my job.

I'm also beginning to think about the aftermath. I am making myself available to speak to schools, churches, Boy Scout troops, clubs, etc. There's a lot of work to be done to put this whole experience in context and construct a presentation. If you or someone you know would be interested, send me a comment with your email address.

So check back later this week for directions to my house and the beach. Details on where/when.

Thanks for everyone's support. See you soon, either in person or in my heart!
-Andrew





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?