Monday, September 25, 2006

 

Thousand Mile Club

Hi, Roger Bascue here.
I'm just an uncle, but Andrew asked me to post an update for him.

Andrew has reached Kemmerer Wyoming today, September 25. On the way there he completed his first one thousand miles. It is a big milestone for him, and he is psyched for the achievement. He is tired, but has not had problems with his knees. The altitude is starting to have an effect on him.

He is in good spirits, and is feeling good, but does not have access to a computer to update this post himself. Over the next two days he will climb the remaining mountains to reach South Pass. He has been loosly following the trail forged years ago by pioneers heading West.

For those persons interested, he will be spending Tuesday night in Farson, WY before heading on to South Pass City, WY. He expects to arrive after the Post Office closes, so will have to wait until morning to pick up his next food package. From there to Muddy Gap and on to Fort Collins and Denver.

Here is where it gets interesting. Andrew will stop a day or so with friend Chris. If you want to send a note of encouragement to him there, the address is Andrew Bascue c/o Chris Schauffle 1632 Franklin St Unit 5, Denver, CO 80218. Remember that he can not carry extra weight with him, so packages are not encouraged. If your note will not arrive until after Tuesday, please wait for another address update. There will be time later when visiting his brother Matt near Chicago.

Comments:
Hello Andrew, you've traveled a great distance since I last checked in w/you. Wyoming and it's windy ways may not be user friendly to a cyclist. Hopefully, it will make an exception for you. Denver is quite the landmark for you...that's a long leg of your journey. Take care & keep on pedaling. Doug V.
 
yo, Just rollin along with you. Be careful on the down hills. Remember to stop at the top and check that your bags are secure and your tires pumped up/ on. I am sure you do I just thought Id throw out a reminder I always like those, like ride safe. Anyway keep posting it gives me something to live for.
 
Brother Drew,
Imagine there you are rolling along and hopefully enjoying your journey as I tag along vicariously and enviously. I couldn't stand the thought of you being out there all alone so I had to buy a computer and try to navigate my way into the computer age as you navigate the bike routes I would rather be trying to figure out. Never had a computer before but I have been "lost and alone on some old forgotten highway, remembered many and travelled by few." (John Denver) on my bicycle and I think I prefer the Bicycle!! Ride on brother and remember it's not the destination, it's the journey. You can't really be lost if you don't know where you're bound! So relax and enjoy the ride..I hope you can keep warm, dry and the wind at your back! See ya! Nod & Mr. Bentley!
 
oops! that should be travelled by many remembered by few. got it backwards. what would you expect?
nod.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?