Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Still Shots and Video

Oh, so much going on. I apologize for not writing earlier this week.

The Market of Choice donated 10 bags of groceries on Tuesday. They're awesome people. If you live in Eugene I strongly recommend that you shop at their stores. Rick Wright, the owner, was especially great. My buddy Brandon helped me vacuum seal about 100 packages of granola and trail mix last night. Moving right along.

I did an interview yesterday with KEZI 9 and the story aired on the evening news last night. To check out the narrative of the interview click here.

I also did an interview and photo shoot with the Register Guard, the Eugene area newspaper. The story will run this Sunday in the 'Oregon Life' section. I'll also put a link to that article here on my weblog.

Tracey has been away all week at Burning Man, a huge festival in the Nevada desert. She went with a crew of friends and was so excited to go. When she comes home early next week we'll be able to spend some quality time together before I leave. We're both off of work the whole week.

Thanks so much to everyone who has helped with donations and getting the word out about what I'm doing. There are so many people to thank, you are all awesome.

Thank you everyone.
-Drew

Comments:
We are so excited for you and glad you are getting the food end of it figured out-you know, we parents worry about you our kids! We will be praying you along every mile. Do you have a CD player to ride with? I have a CD that someone put together for Bri that I would love to have go with you for inspiration! If it doesn't get to you on time for "take off" Tracey can stick it into a food box!! Love you!
 
Wow, what an awesome project. I read about your in today's RG and I would like you to know that I am behind you all the way! You have added more fuel to my fire to get out and help people. I think you are doing more than you intended to do when you set out on this project- you may be sparking a movement for people to put aside their differences and just help one another as human beings.

Are there any camping/biking items you still need? I seem to have quite a few around here collecting dust and I would be more than happy to donate them to you if you think they'll make your ride more comfortable.

Thank you for the amazing demonstration of love and strength you are showing to the world. Good luck, and Godspeed!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?