Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

Regular Thursday Update

Hello!

Been training and getting in touch with tons of people. Between phone calls, emails and letters I have spoken with literally dozens of people in the past week. There is an amazing, growing community of individuals, families and companies that care about this fundraiser. It's an awesome feeling to have you all behind me. Thanks.

I think I may have a chance to get the perfect bike for the ride. I may know today (Thursday) or tomorrow so check back; I'll have photos. May be getting some press coverage both in New Jersey and in Oregon; I'll let you know where to look for me!

I have been blessed with the second job in a row where my boss is a great guy. I was recently granted Leave Without Pay so that I can have time to do the ride. My job will be waiting when I return. Thanks Dave!

Spent a fun afternoon with my man, Mr. Dan Harrington, who recently retired. Dan was diagnosed for the fourth time in his life with a difficult form of cancer and he's not expected to beat the disease this time. He's living life to the fullest and I really did enjoy spending some time with him this week. I'm transcribing the story he wrote about his fight and will post it on this webpage before the next update. It's insightful to say the least.

It was really hot in Eugene this weekend. I shouldn't complain though, the weather map looked like we were all boiling last week. I hope it's not an omen that it will be freezing cold in the Appalachians in mid October!

Wish me luck on the bike! Until next Thursday - Andrew


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?