Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

First Donations - 1%

thanks so much to my brother and sister-in-law and my father-in-law for being the first to donate. i'm at 1% of my fundraising goal! it's a great feeling, thanks guys.

this week has been hectic; with my grandmother passed away six weeks ago i've been spending lots of time with my grandfather. on Monday i took off part of a work day to go with him and my aunt to the hospital. he was getting a screening by the anesthesiologist who will assist in his prostate surgery tomorrow. i'm heading to his house at 4:30am to wake him and take him to the hospital for the procedure. then tomorrow night i catch a red-eye to Long Island - i think it's going to be a long day.

my wife, Tracey has been working so hard on her final architecture project that we only see each other in passing it seems. watching her work so hard has been inspirational in the sense that i'm throwing myself at the Life Spoke project with all my intensity. that's why it's so great to have gotten the first donations. it feels like i've just embarked on a long exciting journey that won't stop until i reach the east coast on a bike in four months.

thanks also to the folks i've been talking to on the phone this week. Bud and Lindy, i'm looking forward to speaking to you over the next months as this all comes together.

have to go pack, thanks again-
Andrew


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?