Monday, June 19, 2006

 

4% and Growing

thanks to everyone who recently donated!

Mike Moltzen and Reema Loutan are two of my good friends from the EPA in New York. Pat Rolls is my mother-in-law who I just spent most of the past week with on Long Island. Ken and JoAnn Lickel are my wife's aunt and uncle in Southern California. Charles Lickel is also one of my wife's uncles who now lives near Poughkeepsie. you guys are great and Tracey is going to stencil your names on my forth-coming bike!

i spent the last week at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house in Bethpage, NY building them a bar in the basement of their new house. i put in some long days (12-16 hours) and it came out looking fabulous. thanks to my friend Manoli who loaned me his compound miter saw; i could never have done it without that saw. i'll post before and after pictures so you can see what i did.

i flew back to Oregon last night and plan to get on the bike this afternoon to catch up on my training. it was really nice to ride to work this morning and get my legs pumping again after a week out of the saddle.

i've decided that after i complete the ride to the Jersey Shore i'm going to ride into Manhattan to show off my bike to my friends. when i was working in the City i always wanted to ride in, so it will be really special to finally do it. i also think it's important that people be able to see their names on the bike and know how big of an inspiration they are to me.

check out the links to the left, there is one very funny video and a link to the fundraising site where you can see your names scrolling. thanks again!
Andrew

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?